EZSPHERE™ cell culture dishes and plates by Nacalai USA are specifically designed with a proprietary micro-well surface within each well of the plate, which allows for many uniformly sized aggregates or organoids to grow per well. The surface is ultra-low attachment, which allows cells to grow in suspension.
Three-dimensional (3D) cell culture systems have gained in popularity as invaluable tools in broad applications of cell biology. 3D spheroid or organoid models are a better representation of actual cell behavior and response than a typical two-dimensional monolayer of cells and have proven more physiologically relevant for modeling disease as well as testing treatments and for chemical/drug screening.
This novel culture system is characterized by the ability to create uniform cell aggregates, expand the cell aggregates, and differentiate the cells all on the same dish or plate. EZSPHERE can be seeded at different cell densities, which determines both aggregate size and density, which in turn affects differentiation rates of the cells within the aggregates.
These results have been shown to be consistent in neural lineage cells, endothelial, and cardiac cells. Culturing at high densities on the EZSPHERE plate resulted in increased carcinogenesis and greater quantities of functional cardiomyocytes that express typical cardiac markers. Furthermore, EBs of hPSCs grown on the EZSPHERE not only differentiated into functional dopaminergic neurons during testing, but the “neural progenitor/stem cells were confirmed to differentiate further into neurons and astrocytes.” (see References for citation)
This plate is for you if you want to grow many uniformly sized and shaped aggregates for expansion or testing. This plate is a must-have for any laboratory interested in aggregate/spheroid/organoid formation and want to find out how their research could benefit from this next generation technology!
- Clear bottom in wells with proprietary (multiple) micro-well surface per well
- Ultra-low attachment surface in the micro-wells within each well to reduce cell adhesion to the well surface and allow cells to grow in suspension
- Multiple micro-wells within each well to increase the number of spheroids or aggregates that will form from your cell culture – this allows many more cell aggregates to form than in a standard ULA plate
- Uniformly sized micro-wells across the well surface, so that many uniformly sized and shaped aggregates will form in each well
- Easy visualization of spheroids or aggregates within each well, including automated visualization
- Easily culture your cells and treat in the same plate – perfect for treatment of test compounds or drug screening
- Embryoid Bodies (EBs) and induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) proliferate while maintaining pluripotency (little differentiation using flow cytometry)
- Variety of plate and dish sizes for easy cell culture and subsequent assay and different cell types
- Aggregate formation, proliferation, and differentiation of aggregate cells on the same plate
Supplied by Nacalai USA.