The 12-well Perfused Organ Panel by Lena Biosciences is a unique system that enables continuous perfusion of 12 statistically independent organ cultures with just one tube. Media and treatments are added and removed as in a standard 12-well plate. Scaffolds can be removed for cell isolation and imaging.
The Perfused Organ Panel with PerfusionPal plates provide a unique Organ-on-a-Chip insert system that allows cells to be grown in an environment that mimics the human body. The exclusive design of the system enables continuous perfusion of up to 24 different tissue cultures (2 plates) at one time. The perfusion of media and blood substitute through the well plate emulates interstitial fluid flow in the body. This enables the exchange of nutrients, oxygen, and metabolites with the cells. The integration of fluid flow is crucial for maintaining the functionality of tissue. The cells respond to flow through differentiation and metabolic adaptation.
Cells are seeded on inert, glass-fiber scaffolds and maintained in statistically-independent wells, in their own medium that floats atop a high-density blood substitute in which medium and reagents are insoluble. The blood substitute dissolves much more atmospheric gas than aqueous medium can. Pumping of this blood substitute acts as a “liquid piston” that introduces perfusion into the system without the need for separate pumps and tubing for each culture.
- Increases Phase I drug metabolism 2-5 times
- Saves time and money compared to relay assay
- Provides human metabolites for slow-to-metabolize drugs
- Provides concentrated secretome to test biologics (monoclonal antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates)
- Enables extended mechanistic studies and repeat-dose testing
- Provides superior tissue oxygenation and pH maintenance
- Prolongs cell viability and functionality
- Offers more precision and control than animal models
- Supports most cell types and extracellular matrices, including primary cells, iPSC and iPSC-derived cells, and immortalized cell lines
Starter system includes:
- A dual syringe pump
- Two 12-well PerfusionPal plates
- Two syringes and tubing
- 30 SeedEZ scaffolds
- Two bottles of 100 mL blood substitute
With the exception of the syringe pump, all components are sterile. The blood substitute is immiscible with and insoluble in media, reagents, and drugs. Its main functions are to enable perfusion and provide superior gas exchange to the basal side of each culture. The blood substitute does not support the growth of microorganisms. It is the only chemical in the syringes and the tubing. The risk of contamination is therefore negligible compared to other perfusion platforms that utilize culture media in the tubing and syringes.
Ships within 1 week.