All cell culture flasks are made of high-grade transparent polystyrene processed into a flat growth surface that is ideal for microscopic observation. All cell culture flasks are tested and certified with the ‘TC tested’ quality seal, which guarantees them to be sterile, pyrogen-free/endotoxin-free, non-cytotoxic, DNA-free, and free from DNase and RNase.
Sarstedt suspension culture surface – culture vessels with the green coded, hydrophobic growth surfaces are ideally suited for suspension cells (usually cells of lymphoid origin, hybridoma cells, etc.) that are not adherently cultivated in solution. The hydrophobic surface minimizes cell losses caused by unwanted microadhesion during sub-cultivation.
The Quick-Release cap is particularly user-friendly, because only a 1/3 turn is needed to close or open it. To prevent accidental self-closing the cap thread features a defined ‘stop’. The two-position screw cap (without filter) enables gas-tight sealing of the flasks when it is in the closed position and even gas exchange while in the ventilation position. A recognizable click confirms that the cap is locked in the ventilation position and will not fall off. A gap in the ribbing and arrows on the cap provide for simple tactile and visual checks of the closure position during use and when in the incubator.
Characteristics of Sarstedt Cell Culture Flasks
- All corners accessible with serological pipettes and cell scrapers
- Large labeling fields on both sides of the neck and printed and molded graduations facilitate use of the products
- Highly stable and stackable design
- The optimized canted neck and the anti-drip rim allow the medium to be tilted easily without spilling and contamination
- Lot number and expiration date are printed on each flask for easy traceability after removal from the packaging
- All Sarstedt tissue culture flasks are available with three different growth surfaces and can be clearly identified from the colored caps
- Red = for adherent cells
- Yellow = for difficult adherent cells
- Green = for suspension cells
Supplied by Sarstedt.
Note: picture shown not necessarily indicative of cap type.