All cell culture flasks are made of high-grade transparent polystyrene processed into a flat growth surface that is ideal for microscopic observation. All cell culture flasks are tested and certified with the ‘TC tested’ quality seal, which guarantees them to be sterile, pyrogen-free/endotoxin-free, non-cytotoxic, DNA-free, and free from DNase and RNase.
Sarstedt Cell+ surface for difficult adherent cell types – primary cells, sensitive cell culture lines, and cells which are cultivated under serum-reduced/serum-free conditions have particularly high requirements of the surface of the cell culture vessel. The yellow-coded Cell+ growth surface was developed specifically for such cells. Additional polar groups are introduced into the hydrophilic surface by means of a special treatment of the plastic surface. This leads to improved imitation of the in vivo environment and therefore to the adhesion of difficult cell types. Due to its properties, the Cell+ surface can make the use of coated culture vessels redundant in many cases.
The Quick-Release cap is particularly user-friendly, because only a 1/3 turn is needed to close or open it. To prevent accidental self-closing the cap thread features a defined ‘stop’. The two-position screw cap (without filter) enables gas-tight sealing of the flasks when it is in the closed position and even gas exchange while in the ventilation position. A recognizable click confirms that the cap is locked in the ventilation position and will not fall off. A gap in the ribbing and arrows on the cap provide for simple tactile and visual checks of the closure position during use and when in the incubator.
Characteristics of Sarstedt Cell Culture Flasks
- All corners accessible with serological pipettes and cell scrapers
- Large labeling fields on both sides of the neck and printed and molded graduations facilitate use of the products
- Highly stable and stackable design
- The optimized canted neck and the anti-drip rim allow the medium to be tilted easily without spilling and contamination
- Lot number and expiration date are printed on each flask for easy traceability after removal from the packaging
- All Sarstedt tissue culture flasks are available with three different growth surfaces and can be clearly identified from the colored caps
- Red = for adherent cells
- Yellow = for difficult adherent cells
- Green = for suspension cells
Supplied by Sarstedt.
Note: picture shown not necessarily indicative of cap type.