All cell culture plates are produced from high-grade transparent polystyrene and both the individual wells and the entire plate are exceptionally flat. The highly transparent base is suitable for microscopic measurements from below. All cell culture plates are tested and certified with the ‘TC tested’ quality seal, which guarantees them to be sterile, pyrogen-free/endotoxin-free, non-cytotoxic, DNA-free, and free from DNase and RNase.
Sarstedt suspension culture surface – cell culture plates with the green coded, hydrophobic growth surfaces are ideally suited for suspension cells (usually cells of lymphoid origin, hybridoma cells, etc.) that are not adherently cultivated in solution. The hydrophobic surface minimizes cell losses caused by unwanted microadhesion during sub-cultivation.
The external dimensions of the new Sarstedt cell culture plates meet the ANSI/SLAS (formerly SBS) standard and can be used for analyses in device holders with these dimensions.
Characteristics of Sarstedt Cell Culture Plates
- Individually sterile wrapped; with slip-on lid
- To facilitate quick orientation when filling the wells, plates are labeled alphanumerically on the edge and between the wells
- Free-standing wells reduce the risk of contamination when pipetting
- Non-slip side grids in the base make it easier to securely grasp the entire plate
- The transparent side walls of the base enable visual inspection of the medium
- Both air vents and condensation rings are integrated into the lid; together, they ensure consistent gas exchange while simultaneously minimizing evaporation
- The color code, lot number, and expiration date are printed on each plate for easy traceability after removal from the packaging
- Cell culture plates are available with three different growth surfaces which can be clearly identified using the color code:
- Red = for adherent cells
- Yellow = for difficult adherent cells
- Green = for suspension cells
Supplied by Sarstedt.
Note: picture shown not necessarily indicative of well number